Welcome to My Site...

Paypal

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit 
card payments instantly.

BuzzBoost

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Free Cursor part 1

Hi..
I've found an interesting site when i looked up for free cursor Its http://www.cursors-4u.com/ that have a lot of free cursor (animated, common, sparkling, glittering, cartoon, etc).
After downloading some of it cursor, i've visited its tutorial......
and.......
I found something that much and much interesting than just downloading those cursor!
Here what I've found on http://www.cursors-4u.com/




List Of Cursor Software Programs and Editors

Date: 24 Jan 2011, 22:24 By Tor
So I been getting a lot of comments about why you can't open a .cur or an .ani extension. And when you try to open it, just a bunch of random text comes up. Obviously those text are the cursor code put into text format. You also can't open them up because you don't have the right programs to. It's like trying to play a mp3 file with your photoshop software. It's not going to happen.
So today I'm putting together a simple list of some cursor programs and editors. You can use these programs to open the cursor files. Some of the software will be free and some will be paid. If they are paid software, they will probably come with a 30 day trail period. I"ll separate the two though so it's easier for you to pick. This is a list of programs/software that I have personally tried, except for one.

Paid Programs

  • Axialis Cursor Workshop - This is the main program that I use when I create cursors for this site. Pretty much all the features of the free programs are in this one and a lot more. This is the Photoshop of Cursor Editors. The thing I love about this one the most is, the batch processing. You can create like a hundred cursors in a few seconds.
  • Art Cursor - Pretty good for a paid program (maybe for 5 years ago) but this is way way weak compared to Axialis Cursor Workshop. Also I think some of the free programs beats this one hands down. Still a decent editor.
  • Unsanity Mighty Mouse (MACS Only) - This is only known program that I know of that is supported by Macs. From what I read, you can also convert all Windows cursors to work for Macs as well. Problem is it has not been updated for a while.

Free Programs

  • AniFX - This is probably the best free cursor editor out there. I love the batch processing and also the editor is very nice and clean looking. Very smooth. Also when exporting cursors that have alpha transparency, into gifs, it does a better job than Art Cursor, Ani Tuner, and Real World. This probably the best gif exporter. Wish you could export into an animated png though. Most people probably don't care about that, but for my site, I need a good feature like that.
  • RealWorld Cursor Editor - Besides being a really good editor, the site also has a massive library of cursors. Last time I checked 18000 or so cursors. There is a ton of features as well in the editor, but lacks a batch processing feature. You can create animated and static cursors. Import and Export.
  • AniTuner - This is the first cursor editor I ever used in my life. It can only create animated cursors. While lacking compared to the other two above it still has some basic features. This program is mainly used to convert gifs into animated cursors.
Well there you have. A simple run down of the webs best cursor programs/software/editor. Most of these do work for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. If you want to create cursors, I would recommend Axialis Cursor Workshop for the paid version, and Real World Cursor Editor for the free version. You won't lose with either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put Your Photo On Canvas

AdKreator

AdKreator.com - Do it Yourself Advertising Design!